Waves of Change Charleston Presents: Building a Solid Foundation for Success in High School
Time & Location
About the Event
Vision: Waves of Change Charleston… where we inspire, encourage, and empower students to be all that they were made to be.
When: August 30, September 13, September 27, and October 11 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
Where: The Exchange at Dunes West
Who: Rising 9th and 10th grade students from Charleston Tri-County area high schools.
What: High school can be tough! Yet, with the right mindset, tools, and strategies, students can build a solid foundation for success.
Join veteran Education Consultants Shannon Pinson and Stephanie Haynes, ACC for this 4-part program where we will equip students with the skills and mindset they need to build confidence, clarity, and successful academic experiences in high school.
(Participants who register are committing to attend all four workshop dates in order to get the full experience.)
- Independent Educational Consultant, specializing in the college search and application process
- Former Admissions Counselor at Emory University
- Former Director of College Counseling at The Lovett School in Atlanta, GA
- Mom of 3 (age 15, and twins age 12)
- Core belief: Everyone has been given unique gifts and talents, and it is our responsibility to become all that we were made to be.
Stephanie Haynes, ACC:
- Public, Charter, and Home School Educator
- Education Coach and Consultant
- Author of College Is Not Mandatory: A Parent’s Guide to Navigating All the Options Available to Our Kids After High School
- Mom of 2 (23 and 19)
- Core Belief: Every teen deserves to be equipped to design a successful future on their own terms.
Aug 30: Get Set for Success
- Study habits that help to achieve the results you desire.
- Taking notes that matter
- Developing organizational skills to boost success
- Navigating the big test
Sept 13: Build a Solid Foundation
- What are goals and why are they important?
- How do I manage my time to do all I want to do in a day?
- Help! My brain struggles to focus. How do I make sense of everything?
Sept 27: Making it Through without Losing It
- This stress level is killing me! How do I make it stop?
- What is there to be anxious about? A LOT! How do I manage it?
Oct 11: Putting it All Together
- What is the purpose of high school?
- What is supposed to happen after high school?
- What do I need to do now to ensure I can do whatever I want to do when I graduate?
- How do I decide which post-high school option is best for me?
- Do my grades in 9th and 10th grades impact which scholarships I qualify for?
- Building a Solid Foundation$249$2490$0